Its that time of year where you may be scrambling for gift ideas
before the weekend...
Don't worry, we gotchya. Here's some good options:
- Tablets, speakers, e-readers and more - always great choices for a techie mom.
- For the mom who appreciates a little geek, check here - or if you're close to a college town, take the chance to browse in funky gift shops for cool stuff.
- For my own mom, the kids are going to decorate a couple of terracotta pots (with acrylic paints and a spray of polyurethane on top, for water-proofing) and I'll add some neat succulent plants (cactus) for her patio. Moms who like to garden or beautify their porches, patios, pool areas and backyards might be interested in a gift card from local garden centers such as Calloways with locations all around Dallas/Fort Worth (including a new one in north Fort Worth, just south of the Alliance Shopping area), Mikes Garden Center in Southlake (great selection, knowledgeable staff) and in Plano/Frisco area, a fav of my mom's, specialty garden shop, Cristina's.
- Here's CNN's list of Unique Mothers Day gift ideas to spur your imagination.
- Locally, for foodie moms, Central Market is a mecca of food awesomeness. Eatzi's (also all around Dallas/Fort Worth) runs a close second, in my opinion. Any foodie mom would love a gift card - or a Mother's Day meal - from here.
- Also for moms who cook, I've found the most plentiful and interesting selections of kitchenware/cookware at TJ Maxx and Homegoods.
- The trendiest selection of beauty stuff can be found at Ulta and Sephora. Beauty products for more traditional moms might also be found at their favorite department stores.
We hope you enjoy this upcoming Sunday
celebrating a great mom in your life!