We're coming up on Mother's Day (otherwise known as Mother's Day Weekend at my house!) and moms everywhere - along with anyone in your life who fulfills that special role - are likely eagerly anticipating of a weekend of fun, appreciation and relaxation with the ones they love most!
We've compiled a fun repository of Mom-stuff for you to skim through in plenty of time. We wish you a weekend of fun and happiness with your favorite Mom, or Mom-like person!
For a Techie-Mom:
- I love this smartphone camera accessories list from CNET. If she's a smartphone shooter, she will too!
- A plethora of techie gift ideas can be found here.
For a Health-Conscious Mom:
- Take her to any of Dallas Fort Worth's great running shoe stores and have her step evaluated and custom-fitted in some nice, new kicks. I've requested running shoes as my own Mother's Day gift every year for the past few years and try to stretch every bit of wear I can out of them til Mother's Day rolls around again. Mother's Day is a great time to drop the load that quality running shoes are - especially if that's not what your mom (or wife) would typically be inclined to do on her own.
- More health/fitness ideas found here. I'm kind of partial to the dark chocolates and the customized gym-bag idea (a tote loaded up with stuff by you, or the kids, that you know she would like). Lots of fit moms I know like to participate in more goal-oriented, organized runs and might enjoy any of the activity trackers out there, or just a cute new tank for extra motivation.
For a Domestic or Foodie Mom:
- What domestic personality doesn't like Williams-Sonoma, or Anthropologie or Pier1? A giftcard to any of her favorite stores is somehow made even cuter wrapped in a pretty WS springy or summery dish towel. Anthropologie apron, or accompanied by any of the neat little treasures you can find at Pier1. Other ideas are plentiful here.
- How about just going to a specialty foods market with her, like Central Market, where you can shop for stuff from your own family-favorites menu together (or buying straight from their awesome prepared dishes counter) and fix and eat a great meal as a family! Trust me, if she's got an interest in sharing great food with her family, she'd LOVE that! Don't forget dessert...
For the more millennial of us, you could always give Mom the ubiquitous coupon-book (and surely you wouldn't consider NOT accompanying this with her fav bottle of wine or yummy treat) - this one is the updated hipster version. Some of these, actually, may bring a tear of happiness to her eye - especially last on the list.
After serving up your Sunday brunch mimosas, be sure to enjoy a chuckle at these Awkward Family Mothers Day photos. You're welcome.
Lastly, some ever-relevant words from Mom that always apply - perhaps never moreso than in the cyberworld of today.
As for my gang and me...the brothers and I are putting our mom (and themselves) up in a cute rustic state park cabin
(while the husband, kids, dogs and I
rough it - ok, ok - *glamp* in the RV) for a moderately-priced weekend full of hanging out, getting back to nature, grilling out burgers and roasting marshmallows under the stars.
I hope we all give some thought to sharing time with those who spend a great degree of their time doing for others...whomever that might be in your life. Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
Submitted by Laura James, Marketing Coordinator at The Fulcrum Group