Make Your Facebook Page Come to Life
If you’re wondering the best way to transform your Facebook page, I’d like to offer you eight solid techniques for fast improvement that won’t cost you anything but a little time. These tips will not only help you optimize for Facebook and Google search better, but also lay the premise for better social interaction, and that is where the money is these days.
- Make a Commitment – Facebook takes some time and thought. Many are the marketers who have wanted to use a Facebook page for their business, and soon abandoned it, which also says something about your company. Make a commitment to post and get involved regularly, or it could be counter-productive!
- Lose the Facebook-generated URL – Make sure to get a custom URL for your Facebook page. This will aid greatly with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone looking for you.
- Don’t Auto-Post Your Tweets – Twitter is wonderful, but don’t make the mistake of reposting the exact same tweets onto your Facebook page. Be sure to post fresh content, not warmed-over stuff from elsewhere.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Short is in right now. Short content, short videos, short stacks. (No wait, that was breakfast …) There's a time for longer updates, but generally aim to keep them relatively short – less than 150 characters.
- Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that folks can use and are talking about will always be the #1 mission for your page.
- Engage with Your Audience – Encourage discussion, post great photos and shareable content, hold contests, ask questions, anything to get the conversation going!
- Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone who complains seriously, and be proactive in response to anyone that asks questions. It is possible to head off a lot of problems this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts that include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only updates, respectively.
Implementing these suggestions will give you an excellent start towards making your Facebook page a much more lively place!