Employee burnout is unbelievably common. Everybody encounters those days when they feel like they can’t possibly do the same thing one more time. Fortunately, there are a number of simple ways to help fight employee burnout and stop it before it starts.
- Have fun – Making room for fun can reduce some stress and help to keep employees inspired when they are on the brink of burnout.
- Switch it up – Let employees focus on new projects or teams when they’ve been focusing on one thing for a long time, like Facebook is doing with Hackamonth.
- Encourage breaks – It’s excellent to have employees that don’t want to stop working until they get things accomplished. Unfortunately, those are the people that are bound to burn out quickest. If you have employees like this, encourage them to take walks or go on a coffee run – anything to keep them from going stir crazy.
When burnout simply can’t be avoided, these tips can help minimize its ripple effects.
How to cope with burnout
- Accept it – Burnout isn’t always avoidable so it’s essential to be conscious of the signs such as lethargy, decreased socializing or irritability.
- Communicate – Growing businesses often undergo transformations that leave employees frustrated. Making sure your employees know that they can talk to you is a great way to stop burnout before it gets out of hand.
While you may not always be able to avoid employee burnout, these tips can help ensure that it doesn’t overwhelm anyone or negatively affect your business or employees.
For more burnout-fighting tips, take a look at this article.
Leave a comment!