The Fulcrum Signature Experience
While The Fulcrum Group understands technology, we pride ourselves on being a service company first. As part of our internal trainings, we created the two following sections of content to guide our team member’s daily efforts.
- The Standards section shares our basic service foundation. Using these standards, we strive to consistently deliver the Fulcrum Group Signature Experience.
- The Always/Never Standards likewise share things we want our associates doing all the time and some habits we never want to see,
We would love to hear your thoughts on our standards or other items you think we should add. Feel free to complete one of our surveys or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your experiences with us and our team. We do review every survey during our monthly service meetings.
- We will greet our clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- We will actively listen to our clients’ requests and promptly take the necessary actions to assist them.
- We will keep our clients informed of unexpected delays in service.
- We will inform our clients of normal process time, when they can expect completion and any delays that may arise in the process.
- We will touch base with our clients to update them as to where we are in the process to assist them.
- We will make our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our clients.
- We will hold ourselves and each other accountable for our service commitment.
- We will make a conscious effort to compliment coworkers when their actions comply with these standards.
- When at our desks, we will answer the phone within two rings.
- We will identify ourselves when we answer.
- We will actively listen to the caller’s request and assist the caller accordingly.
- If we cannot assist the caller, we will direct the call to the appropriate person. Before transferring the call, we will obtain the caller’s permission and provide them with the name of the person who will be helping them.
- We will obtain permission of the person being transferred the call before sending the call through.
- We will obtain the caller’s permission before placing the call “on hold” by asking and waiting for a response before initiating the hold function.
- We will end the conversation in a courteous and professional way by thanking the caller.
- We will wait for the caller to hang up first.
- We will notify our clients that someone is unavailable by saying,
“He/She is unavailable. Is this an urgent issue or may I take a message?”
- Remember Names
- Practice Active Listening
- Document client interactions, preferences, and time worked
- Be on Time
- Follow through as promised
- Show the client that their problems are important to you
- Head on a swivel like Sherlock Holmes (be aware of your surroundings at all times)
- Call clients to confirm before resolving a ticket
- Build relationships with people, not business
- Support your teammates
- Talk down to, disrespectfully or criticize a client
- Gossip or speak negatively of a team member, client, or competitor
- Violate common business etiquette including dress and odor
- Speak too technically to clients
- Ignore client request
- Take a co-worker for granted
- Make commitments on behalf of someone else
- Take the last beer w/o letting procurement know