|Tech Tips: 7 Safety Tips From Hackers |
Here’s a good collection of online safety tips straight from those who would know:
1. Turn off your phone’s Wifi and Bluetooth.
Keeping these features “on” all the time makes it easy for strangers to slip into your phone.
2. Use 2-Step Authentication.
If a password breach occurs, you still have an extra layer of protection.
3. Create a smart password strategy.
Use some long and unique passphrases for your most sensitive online info (banking, email) and consider a password manager for others.
4. Use HTTPS on every website.
If you only see HTTP in the address bar, anyone can spy on your Internet session.
5. Take the time to tweak your home Wifi.
6. Don’t hide your home Wifi.
Give the devices you trust access to a safe and secure environment so they’re not actively scanning for a potentially unsafe one.
7. Think twice before buying into smart appliances.
Try not to get lured into cool new tech-driven appliances at the expense of your safety and privacy.
The article can be read in its entirety here.