|On The Calendar |
Wednesday, June 21st from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., the DFW Business Intelligence Community meeting focus will be Fighting Where You Can Win – Applying Combat Strategy For Defensive Cyber Operations presented by Dr. Chase Cunningham, retired US Navy chief, with over 19 years’ experience in cyber forensic and cyber analytic operations with organizations including the NSA, CIA and FBI.
More info, and link to RSVP on our Events page.
Our June Webinar – Make Your IT Easier With Automation – will be Thursday, June 22nd from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. RSVP today! After you signup, you can expect to receive an Outlook calendar appointment with all relevant details inside.
Save the date –Tuesday, July 25th at Globe Life Park in Arlington, The Fulcrum Group will be appearing with DFW B2BCFO partners for “Grow Successfully,” an educational event for business owners that wraps up with some awesome Texas Rangers baseball entertainment afterwards! Talk to your Fulcrum Group Account Manager if you’re interested in attending.
Quick links to our social media pages are accessible right from our website and in every monthly newsletter email you receive from us. If you’re new to our newsletter and you’d like to subscribe, let us know.
|Make Your IT Easier With Automation |
For business owners, IT downtime equals money lost. At The Fulcrum Group, we understand how important uptime is, and we also understand how important IT system maintenance is.
Whether it’s patching your Windows Operating Systems, applying patches to Exchange or SQL, or updating firmware on firewalls, IT system maintenance is key. The Fulcrum Group can show you how IT automation can keep your systems running smoothly, make IT system maintenance a snap, and help you maintain maximum IT uptime.
Here are a few points we’ll address in our upcoming webinar on 6/22.
- IT Asset Inventory – SPOT Network Monitoring provides an automated asset inventory discovery tool and use it to build a preliminary inventory of systems connected to an organization’s public and private network(s).
- Monitor New IT Assets – SPOT Network Monitoring ensures that all equipment acquisitions are automatically added to the IT inventory as new, approved devices are connected to the network.
- New PC Deployment – Computer imaging software such as Symantec Ghost can help you standardize PC rollouts, especially for larger organizations with more than 100 computers.
- Administrative Privileges – SPOT Check Network Assessment provides an automated review of administrative privileges on your Windows network.
- Email Filtering and Encryption – SPOT Email Filtering automatically scans and filters incoming and outgoing email for viruses, malware, and spam. It can also block based on content (such as Personally Identifiable Information like social security numbers or credit card numbers). SPOT Email Encryption can be configured to automatically encrypt outgoing emails based on policies.
- Antivirus Updates – Symantec EndPoint Protection can centrally manage and update antivirus installed on an organization’s PCs and servers.
- Backups – SPOT Protect automatically backs up all servers and critical PCs, as often as every 15 minutes. In addition to local automated backups, cloud backups for disaster recovery are automated as well.
- Windows Patching – SPOT Network Monitoring can patch all of your PCs and servers automatically, and can provide reporting on which PCs and servers are missing patches.
- Network Security Risks – SPOT Check Network Assessment can provide a list of Windows Active Directory users, the last time they logged in, and identify any users with passwords set to never expire. It can also provide a list of PCs that have missing patches or are missing antivirus software.
Make Your IT Easier With Automation will focus in on the various benefits of office automation. Don’t miss out – RSVP today!
|How To Use @Mentions To Improve Your Email Efficiency |
Do you find it extremely time consuming to go through your email in attempts to find your action items? Does it drive you mad going through the 178th email this morning where you were cc’ed for informational purposes, but weren’t otherwise required to do anything but read that email later?
Fulcrum Group Systems Engineer, Tyson Rasanen, wants to share a feature that will help you out with that. With @Mentions you can see, at a glance, who in your organization truly NEEDS your attention on an email. So how do you get this set up? Follow Tyson’s instructions on a recent blog, here.
If you need further assistance, feel free to give Tyson a shout.
|SPOTlight On: Recent Security Alerts To Be Aware Of |
WannaCry, the Windows RDP Exploit and Android Cloak & Dagger Vulnerability…these are just a few newsworthy cyber attacks of late.
For recent security alerts, visit The Fulcrum Group Blog!
Of course, don’t ever hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have via email or phone at 817-337-0300 about these, or other security issues. And, as always, feel free to suggest a topic for us to SPOTlight in the future, on our Facebook page!
| || |
More Than Tech Tips: How To Setup Outlook on an Android Device
Contributed by Dale Hauser
Want to be able to check your office email on your personal Android device? If so, checkout our blog, where Fulcrum Group VCIO Dale Hauser has detailed this process for you, step-by-step.