|On The Calendar |
We’ll let you know about any upcoming 2018 special events through our social media pages, which we’ll update on our Events page as they occur. Quick links to our social media pages are accessible right from our website and in every monthly newsletter email you receive from us.
If you’re new to our newsletter and you’d like to subscribe, let us know.
|Cisco Meraki Overview |
Cisco purchased Meraki a few years ago, allowing Cisco to better serve small to medium businesses, who often have different challenges than large enterprises. Meraki has expanded its product line over the last few years, and can now serve the mid market in addition to SMB. Meraki is best known for cloud-managed network infrastructure solutions such as network switching, WiFi, and firewalls.
Meraki solutions are designed from the ground up with cloud optimization technologies that are utilized by thousands of companies to manage a large volume of devices without having to deploy additional IT staff.
Some Meraki benefits:
- Improved visibility and control for an entire network using one centralized dashboard for monitoring and managing network switching, firewalls, WiFi, unified communications, security cameras, and mobile device management.
- Rapid deployment of networking components using provisioning with zero touch.
- The ability to manage networks across multiple sites using network tools that are built into the centralized dashboard.
- The ability to manage hundreds or even thousands of network endpoints from one centralized location.
- User friendly network management interface eliminates the need for costly training or additional IT staff.
- Intuitive search tools that allow network administrators to use a network tagging engine that allows for targeted setting searches according to tag name.
- The ability to configure network administration tasks based on role and create change logs that can easily be audited.
- The ability to perform automatic updates that are delivered from the cloud which eliminates the hassle of keeping track of all necessary updates to network infrastructure and components.
- The Cisco Meraki cloud management solution is also extremely secure and highly available having met critical compliance standards such as PCI (Payment Card Industry) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
See your Fulcrum Group Account Manager for more details or schedule a free demo to receive a free Meraki Wireless Access Point.
http://meraki.cisco.com/webinars?ref=1hX2yMK – our special URL that allows customers to sit in on a demo and receive a free WAP.
|What Is SD-WAN? |
Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is a very technical term for a technology that can help small and medium businesses build out a Wide Area Network at a lower cost.
In the past, building a Wide Area Network usually meant either MPLS (expensive), private point to point (VERY expensive), or VPN (lower cost). When a client has a need for Quality of Service for an application such as Voice or Video Conferencing, MPLS and private point to point were the only options. With the advent of SD-WAN, clients can now choose redundant, inexpensive Internet connections for use with WAN connections. SD-WAN uses various criteria such as latency, jitter, packet loss, and availability to determine the best path to send various types of data.
The key benefits of SD-WAN are Agility (add/remove WAN connections as needed), Cost Reduction (Internet links are much less expensive than MPLS), Improved Security (WAN traffic is encrypted), Improved Reliability (Redundant Internet connections from diverse providers), and Improved Performance (High speed Internet connections).
Reach out to your Fulcrum Group Account Manager to find out if SD-WAN is the right technology for you.