As you may have read in this month’s newsletter, we’re focusing our efforts on staying healthy and strong this spring and we’ve decided that business continuity begins with us. We need to be at the top of our game to best advise our clients on some of their most significant business investments – their computer networks.
So, with the help (and fun) of FitBits, which were distributed to the whole Fulcrum team, we’re shooting for an ambitious goal of “walking across the United States,” in a virtual track that will take us west to east and back down to Texas, again. Our path will include over 16 million cumulative steps and roughly 8 thousand miles!
With that objective in mind, here’s a breakdown of our first bits of progress so far (which we’ll update regularly).
Feel free to connect with any of us (via our email addys within the Fitbit app) if you’d like to encourage us and join in the fun.
- April 25, 2016 – We’ve made it into Oregon, on our way to Seattle, with our current total steps coming in at 4,031,738.
- May 1, 2016 – Total Steps walked: 5,186,674 – approximately 2593 miles, which puts us just south of Seattle, WA. This puts us at 31% of our goal to reach 16,614,000.
- May 10, 2016 – We currently have a total of 6,181,063 steps taken. This got us to Seattle, across Washington and Idaho, and into Montana! Our next stop is Billings, MT.
- May 31, 2016 – Our total count is now 9,471,530 steps. We have made it to the border between Wisconsin and Illinois, on our way to Chicago.
- June 09, 2016 – Our total is sitting at 10,236,526, 62% of the way to our goal. We have 25 days left to reach our goal of 16,614,000 steps. We have made it just past our last checkpoint of Cleveland, Ohio which took us 5,103 miles, 10,206,000 steps, and 1,669 hours to attain!
- June 13, 2016 – We’ve now completed 73 days of our walk with our total coming in at 11,380,293 steps. We passed our checkpoint of Buffalo, NY and are just shy of our next stop: Portland ME.
- June 20, 2016 – With 11 days left in our challenge, we’re in the final stretch now. We have passed through Portland, ME, Providence, RI and just hit our last check point of New York, NY which took us 6,111 miles, 12,222,000 steps, and 2,008 hours to walk to. Our current total is coming in at 12,225,613 steps.
- June 24, 2016 – Our current total is 12,652,929 steps. We’ve made it into Washington D.C. on our way to our next stop in Richmond, VA. Our last checkpoint was Philadelphia, PA which gave us a total of approximately 6,200 miles walked at an estimated 2,037 hours. Our current total puts us at 76% of our goal completed.
- July 6, 2016 – Its a wrap! Here are the final results of our walk across America:
We took a total of 13,481,869 steps which equals out to roughly 6740 miles and 2215 hours of walking. We made it just about to the border between North and South Carolina. While we did fall short of our goal of 16,614,000 steps, we found many ways to challenge ourselves and be healthier these last few months!