Feel like something is missing with your technology?
If you are considering outsourced IT with our SPOT Managed IT program, you probably already understand the leverage that technology can give to a service-oriented company. When business goals and IT management are in alignment something magical happens. But when technology strategy doesn’t reinforce business goals, nothing seems to go right.
Outsourcing your IT can be a way to achieve alignment, especially given the high cost associated with finding a good technologist that also understands business. It is usually a lot to ask for a single person to think strategy, fix PCs, develop a budget and explain opportunities and issues in non-technical terms. That’s why recent salary surveys estimate real CIOs in the $250,000 per year salary area, and point out that good ones move around.
Our SPOT program includes key elements like strategy and workflow, along with trouble ticketing, network monitoring and reporting. But how can you make sure a managed services provider is a fit for you (or compare against internal and other providers).
Use this list of ten questions to help you compare firms and find the one that matches your needs.
- Does my IT service provider (anytime you see provider, you can think internal as well) truly understand our business?
- Are you contractually tied in for a specific length of time?
- Who within your company can contact the provider?
- What is the basic Service Desk process and procedure of the provider?
- Will services be delivered only remotely or some on-site as well?
- Do you still need to deal with related technology vendors or will the provider handle vendor communications and service requests?
- What system documentation does the provider maintain?
- How often do you receive service reports?
- How does your provider measure service quality and performance?
- Does your provider include a mixture of generalists for basic issues and specialists for advanced issues?
Call today to find out more about our SPOT Managed IT Support programs and learn how we work to support and advance your business.