Facebook Ads – The Image is the Thing!
Facebook ads are among the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for getting traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for just about any other purpose you can think of for your website. Ad campaigns are incredibly easy to set up, include excellent targeting tools, and can be online within minutes. There is one factor to fully grasp, however, in regards to receiving the best results and return on investment: That is finding the most effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s examine some useful tips for obtaining the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that produces a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Listed below are five ways to do exactly that!
- Use high quality images – Because your images will end up quite small, be sure you’re buying from a respectable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our most favorite. The XS size of available images is going to be fine, as even these will be cut down to the size of a postage stamp. (110x80 pixels)
- Crop to deliver impact – Crop your photos closely to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When using product images, get close!
- Choose eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images is going to do wonders for your click-thru rates. Too many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thus consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, select the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This isn't to say that occasionally beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Employ humor if you can – Everyone enjoys a good laugh. If you've got the opportunity to inject a giggle into your ad, don’t pass it up! This will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some great illustrations of these ad-image principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.