Level 2 Network Engineer
Are You The “A” Player Systems Engineer Needed For Our Fast Growing IT Services Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your knowledge by working on multiple technologies across multiple networks? Do you feel personally fulfilled when you achieve something significant for a client? Is lifelong learning second nature to you? Think you have what it takes to be part of a team that is totally committed to providing a superior client experience?
Then look no further. We want you on the Fulcrum Group team. We believe in internal training and mentoring to help our team members continue to learn and grow each day, as we support your efforts to achieve top notch results. This is your opportunity to work with other people who are passionate about technology and love a challenge.
As a team, we put together our core values to drive our company’s basic strategy as we work with our clients and each other.
- Take personal ownership of self
- Inspire client confidence
- Plan, do, review
- Look to future
- Actively listen and communicates
- Work as a team
We are looking for a Systems Engineer for our Keller-based office. A great Engineer would be an expert at “tricks of the trade” ways to improve the end user experience via automation and control. A great candidate would also be practiced in being an active listener and able to deliver a superior client experience via phone or in person. Consider these quick facts on why joining our team is the best career move you can make. The Fulcrum Group, Inc. offers you:
- Our business does NOT have oppressive service ticket volume, allowing resources to interact with more with other engineers
- Our firm does advanced technology projects that should increase your knowledge of various technologies
- Proven systems and processes balanced with resources to achieve results
- Compensation that rewards your individual and team contribution
- A team environment where your strengths are valued and developed
- A place where your contributions are valued and you are encouraged to grow personally
- We have a fun team of people with a healthy sense of humor
The ideal candidate should have 8-10 years or more experience providing phone or face-to-face technical support direct to end users on current versions of Windows Server (2008 – 2012 R2). A Systems Engineer would be an expert at standard Windows Server Management such as installation, troubleshooting and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file/print services, group policy, service accounts and logon scripting. They should be extremely knowledgeable about PowerShell, security and auditing and AD/DNS replication. Additionally, they could have earned certifications such as MCSA/MCSE or the ability to achieve within a six month period.
Candidates would also benefit from experience with more related server technologies such as
- Hyper-V Clusters (virtual networking, virtual hard drives, VM management, snapshots, PowerShell)
- Remote Desktop Services (licensing, Connection Brokers, System Center)
- Backup, Replication or D/R Software (StorageCraft, Backup Exec, Veeam B/R, DoubleTake)
- Email Solutions (MS Exchange, Office 365)
- File and Email Anti-virus Solutions (SEP, MX Logic)
- Windows Monitoring (VeeamOne, What’s Up Gold)
We track all work efforts using our ticket ticketing system so administrative skills are needed. There is very little travel (other than local to DFW) so most support requests require use of our monitoring or remote control tools. All of our service team members serve in a client facing capacity, so great communication skills are required. This is NOT an entry level position nor contractor, but a full-time position.
Please do NOT respond if you do not meet the minimum requirements of at least 8-10 years’ experience. We thank you in advance for your understanding and look forward to hearing from you!
If you believe you are a match, please submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.